Written for Debian-like systems.
Confirmed to be working on Debian Jessie.
A role for provisioning collectdpull software. This software is used
to pull (copy) collectd RRD files from a client, onto a server.
Clone this git repo into your Ansible's role directory, e.g.:
git clone ansible-collectdpull.git roles/collectdpull
This role performs the following tasks:
* Creates collectpull server and client users
* Gives the collectdpull server user access to the collectdpull client
user's server by configuring SSH key-based authentication
* On the collectdpull server:
* Gives the collectdpull server user sudo write access to the collectd
* Copies collectdpull.sh into /usr/local/bin
* Copies collectdpull.conf into /usr/local/etc
* On the collectdpull client:
* Gives the collectdpull client user sudo read access to the collectd
How to run (once this role has been run, and everything is configured):
1. Log in as the collectdpull server user (into the server acting as
the collectd server)
2. As the collectdpull server user, run:
Variables to define:
collectdpullserver_ssh_pubkey - SSH pub key (text representation)
to be copied into collectdpull client user's authorized_keys